Our website explains how, when and why we collect your personal information on our Website, how we protect such information, and the choices you have concerning the use of such information.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IS COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITE?
We collect two types of information:
- Personal Identifiable Information
- Non-Personal Identifiable Information.
- Personal Identifiable Information.
- Non-Personal Identifiable Information.
When you visit our Website, we may collect information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website (“Non-Personal Identifiable Information”). Non-Personal Identifiable Information is used to help us understand who uses our Website and to improve and market our Website in general and our products in particular.
The following is a description of the areas and/or manners in which we primarily collect information about you.
- Membership, Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to be a member, follow or subscribe to the Website, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Poll and Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey prepared by a User, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey requires for a poll/quiz/survey response, like an e-mail address.
- Order and Shipment Information: If a visitor orders something (hooray!) from Our Site using our store and ecommerce features available, we may collect information to process that order, such as credit card and billing information, and an address for shipping the package along to the recipient and calculating applicable taxes. We may also use this information for other purposes on behalf of our Users–for example, to send marketing and other communications from our Users to their customers, and to provide our User with analytics information about their ecommerce site (e.g., the number of orders from particular geographic areas).
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
Information We Automatically Collect from the Site
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to a Site. The information we automatically collect depends on which of our services the visitor uses.
Here is the list below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by the visitors.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit our Site from certain geographic regions.
- Poll and Survey Response Information: We collect information about visitors who respond to a survey. The information that we collect typically includes IP address, browser type, operating system, user agent, and the web page last visited.
While you are not required to accept our cookies to access our Website, if you reject cookies, certain products, offerings, features, or resources of our Website may not work properly and you may experience some loss of convenience.
We collect information, some of which may be Personal Identifiable Information, that you voluntarily provide to us when you choose to purchase our products or vendors online. We also collect information that you provide voluntarily through responses to special offerings such as surveys, questionnaires, self-assessment quizzes, contests and the like. Some of these special offerings may ask you for additional information. We collect this information in order to offer you products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
Submission of Material.
Any information, including but not limited to remarks, applications, comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics or other submissions (“User Content”) is the intellectual property of the specific users of the Web Site who post such User Content and their licensors, if any. Allmoderncomfort.com does not claim any ownership rights in such User Content. By posting User Content via the Web Site, however, you hereby grant to Allmoderncomfort.com a limited, transferable, nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, display, distribute, sell, sub license and create derivative works and compilations incorporating such User Content.
Reviews and Comments.
In addition to the rights applicable to any material you submit or post to the Website and/or provide Allmoderncomfort.com including without limitation, ideas, know-how, techniques, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, “Submissions”), when you post comments or reviews to the Website, you also grant Allmoderncomfort.com the right to use the name that you submit with any review, comment, or other User Content, if any, in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You acknowledge and agree that any Submissions or User Content are provided on an uncompensated basis, without any promise or expectation or remuneration or other compensation payable by Allmoderncomfort.com or its affiliates. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the reviews, comments and other User Content that you post on this Website and that use of your reviews, comments, or other User Content by Allmoderncomfort.com will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead Allmoderncomfort.com or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions or User Content. Allmoderncomfort.com may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions (including comments or reviews) for any reason.
DOES OUR WEBSITE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personal Identifiable Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. We urge all parents or guardians to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online. If a child has provided our website with Personal identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian call or contact us and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
WHAT DOES OUR WEBSITE DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
In general, we use the information collected on our Website to help us understand who uses our Website and how it is used, to personalize your online experience, to assist you in using our products, and to improve our Website. If you become a registered user of our Website, we may use your information to send you a welcoming email that may confirm your username and password.
If you “opt-in” we may send you electronic newsletters, contact you about our products, services, information and news that may be of interest to you. If you no longer desire to receive these communications, we will provide you with the option to change your preferences. We may also use the information collected to send you important service announcements and updates regarding our Website or products.
WHEN DOES OUR WEBSITE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We may also disclose your information (including Personal Identifiable Information) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose Personal Identifiable Information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions to protect the safety and/or security of our users or members of our Website or the general public.
We may provide to third parties information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Website, the demographic breakdown of our registered user of our Website, or the activities that visitors to our Website engage in while on our Website. The third parties to which we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
How We Share Visitor Information.
We may share information collected about Site visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose Site visitor information to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide our services to our Users or Members and their Sites, or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that we share with them.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share Site visitor information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to us and you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to our Users and Members and their Sites. We require Vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Registered Ecommerce Vendors: We may share Site visitor information with registered ecommerce vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that sell products and services on our platform to our Users and Members and their Sites. We require registered ecommerce vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose Site visitor’s information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose Site visitor’s information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Allmoderncomfort.com, our Users, Members, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the law emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Allmoderncomfort.com goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, Site visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Site visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that visitors choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s username and Gravatar). Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITE SECURE?
(ii) Not use or disclose your Personal Identifiable Information for any purpose other than providing us with products or services for which we contracted.
Notwithstanding the above commitments to protect your information (including Personal Identifiable Information) from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING THE COLLECTION, DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
CAN I UPDATE OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your Personal Identifiable Information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. We promise that promptly after receiving your request, all Personal Identifiable Information stored in databases we actively use and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?