Superhealthbuy.com and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) FAQ
The below FAQ provides more specific detail about the law and how we are implementing the GDPR’s principles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the GDPR?
The GDPR, among other things, requires companies and site owners to be transparent about how they collect, use and share personal data. It also gives individuals more access and more choice when it comes to how their own personal data is collected, used, and shared.
You can read the full text of the law here. We also found these resources helpful in understanding the principles and specific requirements of the law:
- Who does the GDPR apply to?
The GDPR is a European law that grants personal data rights to individuals in the European Union. However, its requirements apply to all sites and online businesses who collect, store, and process personal data about individuals in the EU.
Questions About Your Rights As A User or Member
- What rights does the GDPR give you?
The GDPR gives EU individuals rights to their personal data. There are some exceptions/exemptions to the rights granted by the GDPR, but in general it includes rights to:
- request access to the data we store about you
- request updates/changes to your personal data
- request the deletion of your personal data
- take your personal data to a new service
- request we limit our collection and use of your personal data (e.g., opt out of being tracked by our first party analytics tool)
Although GDPR is a law that only applies within the European Union, we are offering tools to manage your personal data to all of our users and members across the world.
Additionally, you can expect that we are continuously:
- working to protect the privacy of your personal data,
- collecting the data only when we have a reason to do so, and
- deleting your personal data once we no longer have a need for it.
- How do I request access to my personal data? How do I request changes to it?
If you would like to know what personal data we have stored about you, please contact us with your request. If upon reviewing that data you need to request changes to it, please let us know and we will work with you to make the necessary corrections.
- What’s Personal Data, Exactly?
The new rights for EU residents specifically apply to Personal Data.
Personal Data means anything that can identify a person, either on its own or combined with other data. Examples include a person’s:
- Physical address or email address
- Phone number
- Last four credit card digits
- Shipping tracking numbers (these are unique to an order, and thus to a person)
- IP address
Basically, using a piece of data to identify an EU resident, or combine it with other data to identify the EU resident —that’s personal data.
- How do I delete my personal data?
Although we would be very sad to see you go, you can close your account from the Account Settings screen. This will delete all your information including your password. It is possible to reverse an account closure for the first 30 days after an account is closed
- How do I opt out of being tracked when I use Superhealthbuy.com?
We offer an opt-out for our users and members your user Privacy Settings.
- How else are you protecting my privacy and my personal data?
User privacy is critically important to us at Superhealthbuy.com. Our privacy principles align with many of the GDPR principles, and we built our products and services with those principles in mind.
- Control of Your Content. We aim to give you as much control as possible over who can see your content. Privacy Settings give you choices to make your site public, private, or hidden from search engines, and Page Visibility gives you options about who can see specific pages on your site.
- Strict Guidelines on Providing User Information to Governments. We understand that safeguarding our users’ private information is a vital aspect of the trust our users place in our services to keep them safe
- Your Security is Our Priority. While no online service can ever be 100% secure, we work very hard to protect your information from unauthorized access. We support and promote encryption of user data and we encrypt all traffic (serve over SSL) by default. We also offer and *highly encourage* you to use our advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication for your account, to help protect your account and your data.
- What Tools Do We Offer to Help Comply with GDPR?
- What data do your various services collect about me?
We always tried to collect the minimal amount of data that’s necessary. For example, when you sign up, we ask only for limited information needed to set up your account. We require an email address and a username, nothing more. If you purchase a paid plan, we’ll need additional information to process your payment. You are welcome to add other information to your public profile and account settings, but we don’t require you to give us any other personal information to get your account up and running. The same principle applies to all our products and services.
- Does Superhealthbuy.com sell or give away your personal data?
We do not sell private personal information.
We will share information about you, in limited circumstances, and with appropriate privacy safeguards. You can read more details of when we share your information, and what we share, in our privacy policies.
- How long do you keep logs? Where are your servers located?
Superhealthbuy.com’s servers are all over the world, but at present all personal and site data is stored exclusively on US based servers. Our system logs, which record information about visitors to Superhealthbuy.com’s website, are kept for 30 days.